MARINE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Palmer Johnson Monaco is seeking an experienced Marine Mechanical Engineer to work in our design team in Monaco on a new and innovative range of Superyachts. The successful candidate will work in the engineering team, mainly in the Monaco head office, with some travelling to the production site required.
• Coordinate and manage external engineering companies contracted by Palmer Johnson Yachts.
• Responsible for P&ID design of all shipboard mechanical systems.
• Design marine mechanical systems by applying principles of mechanics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Optimize systems design and engineering for manufacturing, by researching cutting edge manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
• Understand critical interfaces between structure, systems and interior design.
• Develop marine mechanical systems in line with vessel specifications.
• Responsible for systems compliance with regulatory bodies. To include diagram submission & review of Design Appraisal Documents to the following societies: “MCA, SOLAS, Lloyd’s, DNV & RINA.” For smaller boats, knowledge of CE rules and the USCG is required.
• 3d modeling of marine mechanical systems ensuring the most efficient use of space in respect to equipment & system function.
• Management of production drawings.
• Negotiation of equipment contracts with vendors.
• Management of technical information between clients, equipment manufactures, and outside design firms.
• System of Change Orders - technical and costing analysis.
• Responsible for Commissioning of Equipment and start up during vessel launch.
• Perform systems diagnostics during dock trials and record performance data during sea trials.
• Responsible for Crew training of mechanical systems & preparation of Operations manuals.
• Prepare reports for systems improvements.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor and/or Master's degree in marine / mechanical engineering with a minimum of 7+ years experience in Yacht design engineering ranging from 50ft up to 170ft and / or ship yard engineering experience.
• Competence with 3-D CAD applications such as Solid Works or Cadmatic, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Inventor, Rhinoceros, Pro-Engineer, Ship Constructor and/or Solid Edge.
• Good English verbal & written communication skills.
COMPREHENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING YACHT SYSTEMS:
HVAC, Fresh water distribution, Desalination Systems, Waste Treatment Systems,
Black/Gray Drainage, Fuel Transfer System, Fuel Service, Lube Oil, Central Hydraulics,
Steering Hydraulics, Main Engine Exhaust, Generator Exhaust, Seawater Cooling Systems,
Engine Room Ventilation, Bilge/Ballast, Fire Suppression Systems, Scuppers & Overboard drainage, Tank Ventilation, Refrigeration Systems.
To apply please send your Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: Marine Mechanical Engineer
Please note the candidate must be eligible to work in Monaco.