Palmer Johnson is looking for an experienced Marine Draftsman in Riga, Latvia
• Palmer Johnson Monaco is seeking an experienced Marine Draftsman to work within our design team in Riga on a new and innovative range of Superyachts. The successful candidate will be part of the engineering team, based on the production site. The main focus will be 3d modeling of marine mechanical systems ensuring the most efficient use of space in respect to equipment & system function, with guidance from systems engineer and project manager.
- Assemble the complete 3D model in Solidworks 2018
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by project managers.
- Modify and revise designs to reduce production and fabrication time frames.
- Prepare bill of materials and documentation for purchasing and production.
- Cooperate with production engineers to ensure and optimize fabricability of designs, and to help resolve fabrication challenges.
- Prepare and collect documentation for commissioning, vessel certification, and final delivery.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and a proven experience of at list 2 years
- Good English verbal & written communication skills
-Attention to details
-Ability to schedule and prioritise quickly.
- Competence with 3-D CAD applications such as Cadmatic, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Inventor, Rhinoceros, Pro-Engineer, Ship Constructor and/or Solid Edge is a plus
- Experience in shipbuilding is a plus
To apply please send your Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line : Marine Draftsman