YACHT PRODUCTION ENGINEER
Palmer Johnson Monaco is looking for an experienced Yacht Production Engineer to supervise the production of small to medium size Palmer Johnson yachts in our European Facilities.
- Status the project progress, starting from the main structure to the installation of the interior and final sea trial.
- Develop a Production Plan and Information schedule/sequence for the project (via excel or project document)
- Liaise with the CE/RINA/NMMA for drawings review and surveys on board. Organize all the documents related to the hull approval and ensure that all class comments are solved. (via Excel List and Report)
- To record the building process with pictures and file them by areas and time
- General QA on board. Making sure that the work is executed per yacht standard and agreed details. Detect and report all the non-conformity items with photos and precise description.
- Organizing all the production drawings for the history of the project
- Coordinating all the trade work on a daily base: organizing short daily meetings with the internal and subcontractor foreman to ensure that all the crews can work with no disruption according to the schedule.
- Verify the material is delivered at the expected time.
- Tracking all the non-conformity and documenting with photos
- Occasional travel between yards and the main PJ office.
- Reporting to the Upper Management the progress of the build on a monthly basis or as required
Competencies and Qualifications
- 8 years experience in composite luxury yacht building
- Able to take projects from start to finish, display a strong ability to multitask, hit crucial KPIs and ensure that the project is properly staffed and supplied with the relevant materials and man-power.
- Experience and understanding in high speed yacht construction, managing the production trades, overseeing the quality, building sequence, project schedule and budget.
- Read and Review Technical drawings and information prior to installation
- Be able to verify changes and cost & time impact during the build
- Clear, transparent communication and professional representation of the company with respect to both internal and external contacts
- Competence in management, presentation and moderation
- Result oriented as part of a team as well as independently
- Knowledge in composite technologies construction, mechanical and systems principles and installation sequence, deck outfitting, paint job and interior joinery fabrication
- Knowledge of the following software is an advantage: AutoCAD, Rhino, and Solidworks
- Have a clear understanding of marine: HVAC, plumbing, lighting, electrical devices and panels…
Based in Latvia for the first 3-4 months and then in Italy, and will involve occasional international travel.
A valid EU passport is required.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 6-8 year experience in managing the complete production on Yachts in the 15-30 meter range.
To apply please send your Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line : Yacht Production Engineer