MARINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER FOR SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
Palmer Johnson Monaco is looking for an experienced Marine Electrical Engineer who will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
The ideal candidate will come from an electrical/technical Background and be experienced at designing and running electrical projects within the yacht industry.
As an electrical engineer, he/she will be part of a team of leading experts involved in new open yacht projects (from 48ft up to 88ft) and also on the Super Sport series (48mt and above) from the initial stage to final delivery. Handling specifications, participate in negotiations with suppliers, and responsible for owners drawing review, system integration, acceptance tests and sea-trials.
He/she will furthermore have the role of an electrical specialist and in the role deliver technical support to retrofit projects and yachts in operation. Ensuring continuity among different makers of essential equipment across the PJ yachts line and making sure that lessons learned in operation are transferred to new projects.
Part of the job is also supplying the production team with a huge wealth of information. Flexibility in working with both design and production teams is required to ensure that a varied range of projects are fulfilled to the best of the team’s ability.
• Designing DC and AC marine power systems
• Designing and integrating with electrical control systems for boats (entertainment, navigation equipment, lighting…)
• Integrating with supplier equipment
• Generating detailed 2D CAD production drawings and complete bills of materials
• Controlled issuing of drawings for production
• Writing documentation including user manuals
• Detailing cable runs and the hardware to support them
• Selecting commercial-off-the-shelf equipment and designing products around them
• Specifying cables, connectors, containers and other components
• Working knowledge of, and ability to work to, marine electrical standards
• Knowledge of RF equipment including radios, cabling, antennas and connectors
• Writing detailed test and acceptance documents
• Providing support to electrical and mechanical production staff
• Control system commissioning and testing (in factory and at sea).
• Factory and customer acceptance trials including sea trials.
• Working with sales engineers to estimate resources and timescales to develop electrical systems.
• Working closely with the entire design and development teams.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. The degree level expected is electronic or electrical engineering, and a successful project track record covering the above responsibilities. Minimum 7 years of professional marine engineering experience. Must be eligible to work in Monaco.
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org